Tuesday, September 12, 2017

A little artistic relief after Hurricane Irma

After all the Hurricane Irma drama during the past week and a half I needed a little TLC today.  It came in the form of the latest Art Journaling magazine, the fall issue.  Last year I posted some fun portraits I had created using Distress Crayons and stencils.  I ended up binding them together and sent them into Stampington for possible publication.  Well, guess what?  They were published in an article entitled "My Imaginary Friends" and I'm really delighted.  This is what the cover looks like, it  will be available on October 1, 2017.


The artwork of the amazing artist Pam Carriker is featured on the cover

My article is found on page 42.




Thanks for allowing me to share my joy with you even though all of us feel overwhelmed by all the sadness and despair not only in Florida but also Texas and the Caribbean right now.  My thoughts and prayers are with the thousands that have been displaced and suffered loss.

Sending big cyber hugs to you all and thank so many that checked up on me to make sure we were safe and sound here in South Carolina.  I want you to know I appreciated your concern!

xoxoxo - Renee






5 comments:

  1. OMG! My Imaginary Friends! Your husband must be dying laughing! I love it! Congrats on this publication! I feel very close to this theme. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are safe! My daughter is home here and planning to return to Charleston this weekend. Lots of flooding there :( Cant wait to get my hands on the new art journaling mag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, glad you are safe, after all these terrible hurricanes and especially Irma's one!!
    And seeing this, wow, wow and wow, fabulous news Renee, I'm sharing your joy!!!
    It's so well deserved, I love all your portraits, stunning and wonderful each time.
    Sending you cyber big hugs
    ~ Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so, glad you and hubby are doing well! It is so, sad-as you said-to all of those who have suffered during these major storms~

    Congrats, Renee! This is fabulous news~ I can't wait to read your article and see your art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee,
    first of all I am so happy to hear the worst of Irma passed you by-such a relief! And I too am saddened by all of the pain and destruction and continue to pray for everyone involved.


    On to your artwork, Huge Congratulations to you! What an amazing book you made! And I love the title as well! you know i am such a fan of yours and always look forward to what you will post!
    huge hugs my friend! Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete